[Dovecot] Dovecot and Active Directory Authentication

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Sun Aug 28 03:03:34 EEST 2005

Hi,
   I have this working flawlessly, but...  I'm running dovecot 1.0alpha1
(in production for 3000 users) on a Solaris 9 system that is a Kerberos
client of Active Directory.  All authentication to the Sun box uses
Kerberos/AD (ssh, imap, ftp, etc).  PAM is the controlling agent that
talks to AD as a Kerberos client.  So, my dovecot config just uses
PAM.  Life is good.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College