[Dovecot] mail directory error solved!

Micah Stevens micahstev at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 04:32:02 EEST 2005

Hi,

I figured out my issue, in my database query for the mail dir, I was
grabbing the home column instead of the mail column. Once I changed the name
of the column returned it started working.

Currently my queries are like such:

password_query = SELECT `passwd` FROM users WHERE userid = '%u'

and

user_query = SELECT concat('/usr/local/virtual/',maildir, '.INBOX') as mail,
101 as uid, 103 as gid FROM users WHERE userid = '%u'

My question now is currently I'm saving mail like this:
mailroot/domain/user/.INBOX

I assume I should be able to save it as:

mailroot/domain/user/

the .INBOX is superfluous, is that correct, or will imap want to make
directories at the same level at inbox?

Thanks,
-Micah