[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.0 alpha trouble on OS X

Lars Skovgaard lars at skovgaarddesign.dk
Mon Aug 29 17:44:02 EEST 2005

Hi all!

I've just upgraded dovecot from 0.99 to 1.0 alpha, and it seems to be
working perfectly except for a strange problem with one of my imap-
users Inbox.

Every folder is accessible, including the Inbox. The inbox currently
contains five mails. With at least three of these, when they are
attempted moved, dovecot crashes immediately with the message "Unable
to determine CPSProcessSerNum pid: 12345 name: imap". The destination
folder seems to be of no importance.

I can copy or move these mails from the command-line, but not from
the mail-client. I can, however, open them and read them from the
Inbox using Apple Mail or SquirrelMail, as well as from the command-
line. I've checked the privileges, and the mails belong to the user
and have the appropriate rw-privileges.

Any new incoming mail seems to be accessible as expected, and can be
moved as desired.

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I've searched the
archives without finding anything.

Best regards
Lars Skovgaard