[Dovecot] "pipe() failed: Too many open files" - ??

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Wed Dec 14 14:19:59 EET 2005

I ran into this problem with alpha4 on Solaris 9.  I doubled the
following dovecot settings:

login_max_processes_count = 256 (was 128)
login_max_logging_users = 512 (was 256)

and the problem went away.  I carried these numbers forward into alpha5,
and it has been working fine.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College