[Dovecot] Server going crazy!!!

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Wed Feb 9 20:06:11 EET 2005

poohba at blkpoohba.dyndns.org wrote:

> I have dovecot-0.99.11-1FC3.4.  I use Pine on the server and Outlook
> 2003 on remote computers to access IMAP and POP3 to access via my
> blackberry 7100t.
<snip>
> Why is this happening?

POP and IMAP are never going to play nice together.  POP normally works
best when it can download the message and delete it off the server.
IMAP works specifically by leaving all messages on the server all the time.

One thing you could consider is creating a second e-mail account to
which you forward your e-mail for the Blackberry to use (and then
delete).  I have a single Blackberry I am forced to support (my boss's
boss), and I am forwarding messages below a certain size to his
Blackberry account.

John

--
John Peacock