[Dovecot] Help, problems with permissions

Simon Windsor simonw at orionwt.co.uk
Mon Feb 14 09:12:04 EET 2005

Hi

Thank you for the reply.

The documentation on the wiki/dovecot site clearly provides an example exim
transport statements showing mail writes as dovecot/dovecot with permisions of 600.

The mail system uses virtual users, and I have provided mail/group ids of 1001/1001.
The current directory tree is

/home                                   - owned by root
/home/dovecot                           - owned by root
/home/dovecot/users                     - owned by root, 777
/home/dovecot/users/DOMAIN              - owned by 1001:1001, 777
/home/dovecot/users/DOMAIN/USER         - owned by 1001:1001, 777
/home/dovecot/users/DOMAIN/USER/cur     - owned by dovecot:dovecot, 600
/home/dovecot/users/DOMAIN/USER/new     - owned by dovecot:dovecot, 600
/home/dovecot/users/DOMAIN/USER/tmp     - owned by dovecot:dovecot, 600

Can you confirm that all files should be owned by 1001/1001?

What permissions should should exist on these directories/files?

Thanks, once again

Simon

--
Simon Windsor