[Dovecot] Using Dovecot with Thunderbird 1.0 on Macintosh

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Sun Jan 2 05:28:16 EET 2005

Hi.. (and Happy New Year)..

I tried switching over from Apple's Mail client (applemail) that is
part of Panther to using Thunderbird 1.0 and find that all of the
folders in my imap mailbox are messed up.  Below is what Thunderbird is
claiming the folder structure looks like :

Inbox
	Arch
	Archiv
	Archive
		BMW
		Co
		E-Bay
		Miscellaneous
		ML
			Bargains
			CKF
		Que
		Sof
		Sonn

Ideally, the way it looks in Applemail looks more like the following:

Inbox
	Archive
		BMW
		CarFax
		Coupons
		E-Bay
		Miscellaneous
		ML
			Bargains
			CKF
			[and a bunch of others that were missing from Thunderbird]
		Nextel
		OpexLD
		Palm
		Paypal
		Quest SW
		Realtors
		Registrations+Purchases
		Schoolpop
		... [others]
		Software Updates
		Sonnet
		... [others]

Any ideas on what is going on here?  I just moved to DoveCot 0.99.12,
but it doesn't appear to make any distance.  Also, if I try to pull up
any of the weird folders in Thunderbird, it of course complains about
the folders not existing..   Any ideas on how to get around this would
be much appreciated!  Thanks!

-- Rick