[Dovecot] Using Dovecot with Thunderbird 1.0 on Macintosh

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Fri Jan 7 02:31:23 EET 2005

Rick Flower wrote:

> Hi.. (and Happy New Year)..
>
> I tried switching over from Apple's Mail client (applemail) that is
> part of Panther to using Thunderbird 1.0 and find that all of the
> folders in my imap mailbox are messed up.  Below is what Thunderbird
> is claiming the folder structure looks like :

Just a quick note.. I took the dive and switched over to using Dovecot
1.0test-58 and the problem has disappeared.. I guess there is some sort
of issue with some configurations of Dovecot 0.99.x and Thunderbird (for
Mac only?) for some reason.  I setup Thunderbird in exactly the same way
that I did when I was running dovecot 0.99.12..   So, I'm not a happy
camper with Dovecot 1.0test and Thunderbird.. (8->

-- Rick