[Dovecot] authenticate authenticated users

Marcus Rueckert rueckert at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Wed Jan 5 00:39:09 EET 2005

On 2005-01-04 21:52:11 +0200, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> I would like to avoid typing my password whenever necessary but without
> writing a plain-text equivalent copy of it locally.

read about running imap binary from mutt as tunnel. and see how you can
combine that with ssh and ssh-key based auth.

some tutorials and tools about key auth can be found here.
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/keychain/index.xml
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-keyc.html

about the mutt+imap stuff see the mutt documentation

just my 2 cents.

darix

--
irssi - the client of the smart and beautiful people

              http://www.irssi.de/