[Dovecot] Maildir woes message 2

RYAN vAN GINNEKEN maillist at computerking.ca
Sun Jan 9 12:20:10 EET 2005

I have done some checking and it seem that dovecot only sees mailboxes
that start with a dot is there a way to make it see regular directories
      ?  here is my dir listing of the test account

drwx------  5 test  www  512 Jan  8 19:17 .Drafts
drwx------  2 test  www  512 Jan  8 15:23 .INBOX
drwx------  5 test  www  512 Jan  8 19:17 .Sent Items
drwx------  5 test  www  512 Jan  8 19:17 .Trash
-rw-------  1 test  www   24 Jan  8 19:07 .bincimap-subscribed
-rw-------  1 test  www    5 Jan  8 15:23 .customflags
drwx------  5 test  www  512 Jan  9 01:49 .test folder
drwx--x---  5 test  www  512 Jan  8 19:08 Drafts
drwx--x---  5 test  www  512 Jan  9 01:40 INBOX
drwx--x---  5 test  www  512 Jan  8 19:10 Sent
drwx--x---  5 test  www  512 Nov  2 09:44 Trash
-rwx--x---  1 test  www  222 Jun 17  2004 bincimap-cache
-rwx--x---  1 test  www   71 Jun 17  2004 bincimap-uidvalidity
drwx------  2 test  www  512 Jan  8 19:34 cur
-rw-------  1 test  www  187 Jan  8 19:34 dovecot-uidlist
drwx------  2 test  www  512 Jan  8 19:34 new
-rw-------  1 test  www  885 Jan  8 19:33 razor-agent.log
drwx------  2 test  www  512 Jan  8 19:33 tmp

The first several directories are created by the client (Outlook) using
dovecot and the remaining ones are created previously using the same
client but with BINC.  Dovecot does not see the other directories but
binc sees all.  Am i missing something in the dovecot.conf i messed with
a few things but nothing seemed to work.

Ok timo this is what i have done to try and get things to go

I set my postfix main.cf file to this just to test things.
#DOVECOT
home_mailbox = IMAPdir/

Also changed my .procmailrc to
#DOVECOT
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/

My dovcot.conf remained set to
default_mail_env = maildir:/%h/IMAPdir

All this works very well except that all the old mail is no where to be
seen.  I am ok with this as a working system but there must be some way
to global ally link users to there old mail?? even if mail is now being
delivered to a new directory.  This would be ideal and i could switch to
dovecot without users losing any mail or more importantly without me
havening to fix every user account by hand or script ( i have  limited
scripting abilities and my understanding of the maildir system is
equally limited)

I have set things up as follows for testing imaps on port 10443 (imap on
10143 which will only be used locally for squirrellmail anyway) because
i cannot take down the mail system for more than a few seconds at a time
and am getting sick of turning off and on Binc and Dovecot as well as
making changes to a bunch of config files every time.  This lets me run
dovecot and binc at the same time on different ports let me know what
you think of this and what i can try to link users to there old mail or
any other suggestions you may have.

I have left the postfix main.cf  because i do not want to mess up the
working binc stuff.  Have changed the  .procmailrc for the one test
account that has been set up on the server.

POSTFIX main.cf
#BINC
home_mailbox = IMAPdir/INBOX/

PROCMAIL .procmailrc
#DOVECOT
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/

DOVECOT dovecot.conf
imap_listen = 127.0.0.1:10143
imaps_listen = *:10993
default_mail_env = maildir:/%h/IMAPdir

I get this in my dovecot log think it is just to do with using outllook
as client ????

imap-login: Jan 08 19:36:03 Info: Login: test [192.168.0.1]
imap-login: Jan 08 19:36:03 Warning: SSL_read() syscall failed: EOF
[192.168.0.1]