[Dovecot] Maildir woes message 2

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jan 10 20:41:35 EET 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 03:20 -0700, RYAN vAN GINNEKEN wrote:
> I have done some checking and it seem that dovecot only sees mailboxes
> that start with a dot is there a way to make it see regular directories

Not without changing source code. But it is planned sometime in future.

So looks like IMAPdir and Maildir++ were more different than I thought.
You'd have to make some script to fix the folders names..

> Ok timo this is what i have done to try and get things to go
>
> I set my postfix main.cf file to this just to test things.
> #DOVECOT
> home_mailbox = IMAPdir/
>
> Also changed my .procmailrc to
> #DOVECOT
> DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/
>
> My dovcot.conf remained set to
> default_mail_env = maildir:/%h/IMAPdir
>
> All this works very well except that all the old mail is no where to be
> seen.  I am ok with this as a working system but there must be some way
> to global ally link users to there old mail??

You'd have to move them from IMAPdir/INBOX/cur/ directory to
IMAPdir/cur/ directory.

With 1.0-tests it would be possible to add :INBOX=%h/IMAPdir/INBOX to
default_mail_env setting to do this, but that feature isn't in 0.99.x.

> I get this in my dovecot log think it is just to do with using outllook
> as client ????
>
> imap-login: Jan 08 19:36:03 Info: Login: test [192.168.0.1]
> imap-login: Jan 08 19:36:03 Warning: SSL_read() syscall failed: EOF
> [192.168.0.1]

Just keep ssl_verbose=no as it is in defaults. Warnings such as that are
normal when it's enabled. It only means that Outlook disconnected
without sending a "SSL bye" command.