[Dovecot] Where are flags stored?

Keith Edmunds keith at midnighthax.com
Mon Jan 10 10:08:31 EET 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 01:59:06 +0100
Adam Pordzik <ap at d-dt.de> wrote:

> >> My goal is to mark spam or other filtered by procmail as "seen", so
> >that  > dovecot doesn't notify MUAs about new mail in IDLE mode.
> >
> > It doesn't matter if message is seen or not, Dovecot still notifies
> > client.
>
> And (how) can I prevent dovecot from doing so?

As I understand it, Dovecot HAS to notify the client (else it would be
violating the RFCs). If you don't want the client to tell you about it,
you have two choices. Firstly, you could implement (depending on your MUA)
a client rule to mark the messages as read. Secondly, you could stop
procmail putting them in the IMAP store (delete them, put them somewhere
else, whatever).

Keith