[Dovecot] Where are flags stored?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jan 10 20:35:07 EET 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 01:59 +0100, Adam Pordzik wrote:
> > I don't know what you mean by message priority. That's most likely a
> > client-specific variable which is never even sent to IMAP server.
>
> Of course it it, also on wire: I meant the "SPAM-Priority-Flags" ;-).
> Formerly, at least, I often could identify Spam just by checking for
> this flags, beeing either "high", or "low" for spam but never used for
> normal mail. :-)
>
> How this flags are called "officially"?

IMAP protocol supports a few different flags which clients can set.
Anything else is just message headers which Dovecot doesn't treat in any
special way.

> >> My goal is to mark spam or other filtered by procmail as "seen", so that
> >> dovecot doesn't notify MUAs about new mail in IDLE mode.
> >
> > It doesn't matter if message is seen or not, Dovecot still notifies
> > client.
>
> And (how) can I prevent dovecot from doing so?

You'd have to add code to src/imap/cmd-idle.c which checks if the new
mails have seen flags already set, and if not get back to idling. I
don't see such feature ever getting into official Dovecot releases
though.