[Dovecot] Help with Outlook2003 hanging on receiving email with attachments

John Suter john at joglenet.com
Thu Jan 27 01:51:44 EET 2005

I have one user running Outlook 2003 that hangs up when receiving emails
with attachments. He is connecting using POP3. It's almost as if something
is timing out and closing the connection. The client is on a 1500/256 DSL
connection and the server is on a 768/768 fractional T-1. I have other
users that connect with Outlook/POP3 without any problems. I have done a
fresh install of Windows/Outlook to make sure it's not a client machine
problem. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.