[Dovecot] kqueue errors in maillog

Dominic Marks dom at helenmarks.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 01:40:52 EET 2005

On Sunday 30 January 2005 20:25, Chris Phillips wrote:
> Hello Dovecot,
>
> Version:  dovecot-1.0-test61
> OS:  FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE i386
> Client:  Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (on WinXP, FreeBSD & Mac OS X)
>
> The maillog entries concerning me: -
> Jan 30 16:16:37 venus dovecot: imap-login: Login: user [10.6.8.3]
> Jan 30 16:16:37 venus dovecot: imap-login: couldn't remove filter with
> kqueue: Bad file descriptor
> Jan 30 16:16:37 venus dovecot: IMAP(user): couldn't remove filter with
> kqueue: No such file or directory
>
> I see these messages many times in the maillog, with the client(s) idle (no
> interaction from me).

The kqueue patch is highly experimental :-)

> Please can anyone shed any light on something that I may have neglected to
> do on installation, or perhaps what might be happening/wrong?

Don't worry about it. I haven't spent any time on working out why the failure
occurs, it may be because the descriptor has already been closed which would
wipe the kqueue descriptors attached do it, hence the error when you try and
remove then. This is my unconfirmed theory.

I'm assuming nothing else bad is happening because you didn't mention it ?

--
Dominic