[Dovecot] cannot download eMails from POP3

Bastian SpamOnMe at freenet.de
Tue Jul 5 13:42:12 EEST 2005

Hi dovecot users,

  IŽve got a problem with downloading emails:
  dovecot is installed and configured, I can login but I cannot
  download mails wich are at my harddisc.

  After trying to download an email thatŽs in the logfile:

pop3-login: Jul 05 10:41:00 Info: Login: webmaster at myDomain.de [xx.xxx.xx.xxx]
dovecot-auth: Jul 05 10:41:00 Info: Login process 9 disconnected
dovecot-auth: Jul 05 10:41:00 Info: Login process 9 connected
dovecot-auth: Jul 05 10:41:00 Info: Login process 9 sent handshake: PID 5754

  QueryŽs are successfully, like they are required in
  dovecot-mysql.conf:
  First password clear,
  then home directory (/var/opt/vmail/myDomain.de/webmaster), uid and
  gid.

  My eMails are at /var/opt/vmail/myDomain.de/webmaster/Maildir/new,
  does dovecot automatically search for emails in Maildir/new?

  IŽve no idea, why I cannot download any eMails :(

  Can you help me?

Thank you
Bye, Bastian