[Dovecot] Binc IMAP "IMAPdir" style layout

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Wed Jul 6 23:13:46 EEST 2005

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 11:03:30PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Actually I thought back then that IMAPdir was using normal directories
> for mailbox hierarchy, but it's actually pretty much the same as
> Maildir++, just without the leading dots and with some other small
> changes. So even though IMAPdir support could come one day, I don't see
> it being very useful.

I think its most useful thing would be the ability to encapsulate any
storage format inside a subfolder/subdirectory, e.g. being able to
include an mbox inside of a maildir++ hierarchy.  I don't remember if
IMAPdir supports that, exactly, and I'm too occupied (er, lazy) to go
look it up right now, but my impression was that that would be one of
its strong points if it did.

mm