[Dovecot] OS X Mail.app 2 (Tiger) + dovecot -> new mail count doubled

Jim Tittsler jt at onjapan.net
Thu Jul 14 15:30:22 EEST 2005

On Jul 14, 2005, at 19:49, Xavier Beaudouin wrote:

> Le 8 juil. 05 à 10:05, Xavier Beaudouin a écrit :
>>
>> Le 8 juil. 05 à 09:41, Alan Schmitt a écrit :
>>> I've noticed a strange bug with Mail.app 2 (from OS X.4) and
>>> dovecot, and I'm trying to identify where it comes from. I have a
>>> bunch of mailboxes that can receive new mail (delivered by
>>> procmail) and I have Mail set up as to automatically synchronize
>>> all maiboxes. When I start up Mail, the count for new mail is
>>> doubled in every mailbox that I have not seen yet. Looking at a
>>> mailbox restores the correct count (mail is not actually
>>> duplicated, it's just the new mail counter that is wrong).
>>
>> I suspect this is Mail.app 2. Because I have same bug using
>> courier-imap...
>>

> Seems that this have been fixed on latest update for Tiger.
>
> Mail.app 2.0.2 (732/733) now show corrects numbers of new mail in
> folders for me since yesterday after my upgrade...
> So if you are not using 10.4.2, then for this cosmetic problem :)

Interesting.  I had never seen this behavior *until* I updated to
Mail.app 2.0.2... and *now* I have the doubled new message counts in
folders until I open them.  (It doesn't seem to be Dovecot related,
because it is happening with both 1.0-stable and the Novell
MyRealBox.com servers.)

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/