[Dovecot] IMAP: Get rid of non-existent folders below INBOX

André Wendt andre.wendt at web.de
Mon Jul 18 00:40:50 EEST 2005

Hi,

I am using Debian Sarge w/ dovecot-imapd package 0.99.14-1. Squirrelmail
created three folders below INBOX, Drafts/Sent/Trash, that I already had
elsewhere. Thus, I deleted them (through SqM).

However, both Thunderbird and Squirrelmail still show these folders
anyway. When I select them, I keep getting "Mailbox does not exist"
errors. I already tried to move all .imap.index* files in .INBOX/ out of
the way -- dovecot created new ones but the folders still appear.

I am stuck. How can I prevent dovecot from advertising those
non-existent folders? Is this an index-structure problem?

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

--
André