[Dovecot] linux 2.4 vs 2.6 kernel

Dan Hollis test3943395 at anime.net
Tue Jul 19 05:29:33 EEST 2005

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, vmstech wrote:
> > People I know who've used Reiser say it's wonderfuly fast, but if it
> > > corrupts, well... save your time, and go straight to restoring your
> > > backups.
> ReiserFS does seems just like the ducksnuts in terms of performance, but
> it seems to have accumulated some horror stories along the way:
> http://www.linuxsa.org.au/pipermail/linuxsa/2002-January/038035.html
>
> Marcs being runing it for 5 years, no issues - any one else using it?

I've been using it for many years. At home, no issues.

We used to have lots of severe corruption issues at work on production
servers with ext2/ext3 (and a few with xfs). We switched to reiserfs and
no more issues. Not just a few servers either.

So i'd say quoting horror stories from 2002 definitely no longer applies.
Its like quoting horror stories about kernel 2.4 (same time frame). And
about as relevant :-)

-Dan