[Dovecot] linux 2.4 vs 2.6 kernel

Todd Burroughs todd at hostopia.com
Tue Jul 19 22:36:50 EEST 2005

We use Reiserfs 3 on over a thousand servers and I've only lost one.
That one was caused by us unplugging it on purpose to test the filesystem.
It made it through a couple tests, then got messed up and I managed
to get it partially back.  We tried ext3 (this is ~3 years ago though)
and found it not very stable.

I can't comment on speed with a large number of files, as we use NFS
for data storage, but I find that Reiser's pretty stable.  Mostly we're
using 2.4 kernels.

Todd