[Dovecot] linux 2.4 vs 2.6 kernel

Chris Wakelin c.d.wakelin at reading.ac.uk
Wed Jul 20 00:08:44 EEST 2005

I'm at the once bitten stage with Reiserfs, unless someone knows how to
deal with bad blocks short of 'dd'-ing to another disk and back - the
disk won't remap the bad sectors unless you try to write to them and its
not trivial to find out how! Having said that, SuSE uses it as the
default, so we've gone with that on our SuSE installs so far.

Anybody tried Veritas Filesystem on Solaris for IMAP (even better,
Dovecot) access? Is it significantly better than Solaris UFS? I'd heard
that UFS performs terribly for Maildir.

Chris

--
Christopher Wakelin,                           c.d.wakelin at reading.ac.uk
IT Services Centre, The University of Reading,  Tel: +44 (0)118 378 8439
Whiteknights, Reading, RG6 2AF, UK              Fax: +44 (0)118 975 3094