[Dovecot] dovecot starts and exit immediately? - help needed

James Sun jamjazzy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 17:35:04 EEST 2005

Since nobody answered my previous question on dovecot marking new
mails as old mails, I decided to build a version of dovecot of my own
to debug.

I downloaded and compiled dovecot 1.0 (stable).  After setting up the
conf file, I ran dovecot but it exited immediate with status 0.  As a
result, remote client cannot connect and retrieve mails.

There is no man page, and I only found two command line options, -F
and -c.  None of these options seem to matter.

Any suggestions?  I must have done something simple and wrong here.

Jun