[Dovecot] dovecot starts and exit immediately? - help needed

James Sun jamjazzy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 18:29:09 EEST 2005

In my case dovecot did not go to background.

In fact even if I ran dovecot -F, it still exists with stauts 0;

I suspect I might have done something wrong in config file.  The
config file is sufficiently different from 0.99 rpm that I dare not
copy it.  Here is the config I am having

protocols = imap imaps pop3 pop3s
protocol imap {
  login_executable = /root/local/encap/dovecot-1.0/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
  mail_executable = /root/local/encap/dovecot-1.0/libexec/dovecot/imap
}
protocol pop3 {
  login_executable = /root/local/encap/dovecot-1.0/libexec/dovecot/pop3-login
  mail_executable = /root/local/encap/dovecot-1.0/libexec/dovecot/pop3
}
auth_executable = /root/local/encap/dovecot-1.0/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-auth
auth default {
  mechanisms = plain
  passdb = pam
  userdb = passwd