[Dovecot] virtual mailboxes with postfix

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Tue Jul 26 05:59:09 EEST 2005

	I have set up postfix with virtual mailboxes stored via
mysql, and using postfixadmin, and dovecot as pop/imap server
	My postfix and mysql setup are pretty much standard for
postfixadmin, as described here
<http://postfixwiki.org/index.php?title=Virtual_Users_and_Domains_with_Courier-IMAP_and_MySQL#mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf>
(except for the parts about courier-imap.)
	Everything appears to be working fine except actually
checking and authenticating mail via dovecot.
	I am fairly sure all I really need is the appropriate
incantations in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf and dovecot-mysql.conf -
does anyone have this set up and working?
	I should add that I want to allow both virtual mailboxes, and
also local accounts, so I presumably need to support two different
kinds of authentication.
	Regards
		David