[Dovecot] Outlook + Outlook Express

Andrew Gargan andrew at iface.co.za
Wed Jul 27 17:14:11 EEST 2005

Hi

I am having problems with users accessing their maildir mail stores
through dovecot
I am working on version 0.99.11-1 (on fedora core)

It seems to be when the email size is large (450KB +)

The errors are (the server disconnected unexpectedly)

Have turned on the three Outlook and Outlook Express workarounds I found
but no luck.

Have read through logs and looked for clues but am just getting no where

All the linux boxes here seem to be able to handle things fine ...
(kmail evolution etc.)

Thunderbird is also giving me hassles when trying to pull large mail
files.

The server is a 2.8 P4 HT with 1024 MB RAM 200GB SATA RAID.
+- 7 domains and +-1200 users.

Squirrel Mail seems fine and users are using that to get around the
problem for now but I really need the pop3 access working ...

My MTA is postfix and I am using virtual mailboxes using mysql_lookups.

I am also running MailScanner and ClamAV and SpamAssassin (using the
hold queue method)

Regards

Andrew

Andrew Gargan