[Dovecot] Supporting charsets

Alan Premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Fri Jul 29 09:25:42 EEST 2005

Peter Evans wrote:
> Armando Soto Baeza (asbaeza at catsanet.com.mx) wrote:
>
>>We are trying to use support for japanese language, but when composing in
>>squirrelmail or while resending either in squirrel or in Outlook, we do
>>not get the right symbols.
>

> 	Send me an email, in Japanese.
> 	私に日本語メール送ってくれませんか?
>
> 	妻もDOVECOTを使っているけどほとんど問題なし。

I'm also using Dovecot in a Japanese intensive environment with no
problems.  I would venture to guess that this is either a problem with
the squirrelmail installation or the MTA.

I'm also using a recent version of Squirrelmail in Japanese without any
problems.  Earlier versions had some issues (like if you had SM set to
english menu mode and tried to read or send Japanese, it would appear as
'mojibake' ... that seems to have been fixed in the most recent release)

for what it's worth, this mail that I'm replying to came across without
any issues whatsoever.

alan