[Dovecot] CONTROLDIR directive

Alan Premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Fri Jun 10 05:17:59 EEST 2005

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 9.6.2005, at 05:21, Alan Premselaar wrote:
>
>> Is the CONTROLDIR directive only available (undocumented as it may be)
>> in the 1.0 series?
>>
>> I'm currently using 0.99.13 and I didn't find CONTROLDIR with grep.
>

> It's actually named just CONTROL, and it's also in 0.99.13.

I have another question related to this.  I currently have all the
control files being written to the users' Maildir directories.  I'd like
to change this so that the control files are written to a filesystem
without quota control on it.  if I just set the CONTROL setting in
dovecot.conf will that cause possible problems (i.e. people receiving
already read mail as if it was unread, etc)?

do I also need to copy the control files from the Maildir directories to
the newly appointed location?  If I do, I should shut down all dovecot
processes before doing so, yes?

Thanks,

Alan