[Dovecot] Can't see existing mail folders

Chris Green chris at areti.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 14:51:21 EEST 2005

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 01:57:14PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> > If I create a folder called 'sqtest' using squirrelmail I get
> > $HOME/Mail/Mail/sqtest created.  $HOME/Mail already exists, dovecot
> > seems to be creating both the new Mail subdirectory and sqtest.  I.e.
> > I'm getting an extra 'layer' that I don't want.
>
> The extra Mail/ doesn't happen because of INBOX. prefix, but it would
> happen if prefix was set to Mail/. That's most likely the reason.

After a bit of perseverence I've got there.  The 'folder path' in
squirrelmail seems to default to 'Mail/' and that was (as you say) being
added to Dovecot's $HOME/Mail.  In addition you can't set the Folder Path
in squirrelmail to nothing, it resets it to 'Mail/'.  I finally tried
setting the folder path to '.' and that allows me to see all my mailboxes.

Now to try getting mutt to see things properly.

Thanks for all your help.

--
Chris Green (chris at areti.co.uk)

    "Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."