[Dovecot] dovecot patch for TCB auth

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Tue Mar 8 12:44:15 EET 2005

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 12:03:07AM +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> I'm not sure if I understood this correctly. How does TCB and LDAP fit
> together? Does TCB simply provide LDAP view for its data? So is your
> patch only about handling the extra LDAP fields, or is it about
> providing some completely TCB-specific code (and LDAP being something
> else)?

LDAP and TCB are two different things. We simply want to handle extra
LDAP attribute (i.e. in addition of uid, homeDirectory, uidNumber,
gidNumber and userPassword) because they are meant to provide the same
extra (and valuable) authentication info that the TCB fields did (thus
providing a way to know that, for instance, a user user agent has made
20 consecutive attempts to log in with an incorrect password and to
lock it's account for that reason).

We'll let you know when we're done anyway.

Thanks.

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Pôle informatique - systèmes et réseau