[Dovecot] dovecot 0.99.14 and imaps (SSL) "hangs"

Frode Nordahl frode at nordahl.net
Sun May 8 03:27:19 EEST 2005

On May 8, 2005, at 2:09, Jim Tittsler wrote:
> Many of us have had problems with the version of Apple Mail
> that was distributed with OS X 10.3.9 using SSL connections
> to a variety of different IMAP servers, including Dovecot.

Do you think this is caused by a openssl upgrade or similar, or changes
in Mail.app?

> Fortunately Mail.app Version 2 (727/728) distributed with OS
> 10.4 doesn't exhibit the same problem.

Cool, I'm getting my copy as soon as Apple Ireland get their act
together! :-)

> If you aren't ready to upgrade, I would recommend trying
> another client.  Mulberry V4.0 is shaping up quite nicely.

It works with UW-IMAP! (TM) :-).

But seriously, any client incompability is a problem for me, as I am
evaluating for deployment in a largish ISP.

I'm also having some issues with slow download speeds when fetching a
lot of message headers or message bodies (compared to UW-IMAPD with
MBX). SELECT and SEARCH is VERY swift though.

I'll install dovecot on a test server and try to figure out what's
going on.

Regards,

Frode Nordahl