[Dovecot] dovecot 0.99.14 and imaps (SSL) "hangs"

Jim Tittsler jt at onjapan.net
Sun May 8 07:00:04 EEST 2005

On May 8, 2005, at 09:27, Frode Nordahl wrote:

> On May 8, 2005, at 2:09, Jim Tittsler wrote:
>
>> Many of us have had problems with the version of Apple Mail
>> that was distributed with OS X 10.3.9 using SSL connections
>> to a variety of different IMAP servers, including Dovecot.
>>

> Do you think this is caused by a openssl upgrade or similar, or
> changes in Mail.app?

I don't know.  I think the Apple bug reporter exchanges are covered
by NDA.  I encourage you to list your own bug against Mail.app.

There have been public reports of this symptom with at least Courier,
Dovecot (0.99 and 1.0), and MyRealBox SSL connections.  Sometimes
clicking on another application or the desktop and then back on
Mail.app can wake it up.  Or selecting another message in the mailbox
and then going back to the new one it is having trouble reading
works.  (If you watch the logs, you'll see it log in again.)

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/