[Dovecot] pop vs. imap inconsistancy

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun May 8 14:48:05 EEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 22:42 -0400, jeff sacksteder wrote:
> I am converting from courier and have noticed change in behaviour with
> Dovecot. I use maildirs with squirrelmail connecting by imap as well
> as a POP3 client.
>
> Courier would set the 'mail status-read' flag for any message which
> was downloaded with the POP3 interface. Dovecot apparently does not.
> Is this a bug or intended behaviour?
>
> If it is intentional, can it be changed with the config file?

Which Dovecot version? I don't remember about 0.99.x, but I think
1.0-tests/stables should do it. It's also configurable in those
versions:

  # Don't try to set mails non-recent or seen with POP3 sessions. This is
  # mostly intended to reduce disk I/O. With maildir it doesn't move files
  # from new/ to cur/, with mbox it doesn't write Status-header.
  #pop3_no_flag_updates = no