[Dovecot] 1.0-test69

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun May 8 20:33:37 EEST 2005

http://dovecot.org/test/

 - Several mbox fixes, upgrade recommended for test68 mbox users
 - Possibly fixes some IMAP hangs where Dovecot just stopped replying
 - Fixed delay-newmail workaround. It was badly broken before.

And somewhat off topic advertisement:

I got a bit distracted from Dovecot a week ago when a guy started
mailing me about wanting to write an irssi2 client as a project to learn
Ruby. Half a year ago I had written a semi-working irssi2 server but I
got stuck with it because I wasn't interested about writing client for
it. Now that the client actually works, irssi2's development has kind of
exploded :)

Irssi2 is a bit related to Dovecot too, in that it'll be integrated with
it more or less tightly to provide instant messaging support. Nothing
prevents extending irssi2-protocol to support all other kinds of
realtime events either, for example to send new mail notifications.

If you're interested, see:

http://main.irssi.org/projects/irssi2.html

And for the lazy, here's the introduction copy&pasted:

Shortly put, irssi2 is to instant messaging what IMAP is to mail. You
can safely exit your irssi2 client, and irssi2 server just keeps on
going. When you connect back with your client, you can see all the
discussion that happened while you were away (and even older discussion,
too, if you want).

You can also use multiple clients even at the same time, so you could
for example keep one client always open at home and still be able to
check what's going on with your mobile phone.

Irssi2 clients are encouraged to keep their configuration in server
side, so nothing should prevent you from temporarily using another
irssi2 client from your friend's home with no other configuration needed
than irssi2 server's address, your username and password.

Irssi2 is designed to support multiple chat protocols (IRC, SILC, MSN,
ICQ, etc.) but without ignoring hardcore IRC users. That means that
unlike all other similar attempts (such as Jabber), irssi2's
client-server protocol will actually allow fully featured irssi2 IRC
client to be written with no compromises (but still the same client can
be used to talk to MSN and elsewhere).

Note that irssi2 isn't trying to replace IRC servers (yet ;). irssi2
server simply connects to normal IRC servers just as a regular IRC
client. To prevent mixups with these terms, IRC servers are usually
called "gateways" in irssi2.