[Dovecot] dovecot through NFS

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Sat May 14 18:33:11 EEST 2005

Hello,

as our mail server load increases every day, I plan to scale the single
mailserver in differnt units:

1x big storage server for all mailboxes, folders exported through NFS
1x smtp for mail-in (queue local, messages on storage server)
1x pop3/imap to retrieve the messages (config local, messages on storage
server)

Since we're using maildir only, there's no problem to get the messages
into the mailboxes. But what about dovecot for retrieving them? NFS will
be v3. Is locking still a problem with it? Might the indexes get corrupt?

Regards
Marten