[Dovecot] failed to create storage data

Alex alex at denatuur.nl
Sat May 28 16:23:59 EEST 2005

Timo Sirainen wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 11:59 +0200, Alex wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I have a problem. I get the message 'Failed to create storage with data'
>>I have 2 emailaccounts which are working perfect and that worked fine.
>>But now I want to add another account and now it said 'Failed to create
>>storage with data'
>>What is the problem?
>>

>Have you set default_mail_env? Sounds like the automatic detection for
>the mailbox location ran into some problems.

Hello,

I left the default_mail_env empty. It worked with 2 other accounts, but
new created accounts did not work.
I have in the database for the maildir: mydomain.nl/info (this is for
the account info at mydomain.nl)
The data is then saved within: /home/mail/mydomain.nl/info (the select
query adds /home/mail/)
What must I set in the default_mail_env? I am using not mbox but maildir
Must i do it differently in the database or must I set default_mail_env
to something?

thanks,

Alex