[Dovecot] Dovecot auth process died because of Socket operation on non-socket

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun May 29 21:52:03 EEST 2005

On 28.5.2005, at 16:23, Nicolas STRANSKY wrote:

> I'm having problems setting up a dovecot1.0 stable on a Debian-amd64
> server. The process dies with the following message:
>
> May 28 15:13:47 rouge dovecot: pop3-login: fd_send(-1) failed: Socket
> operation on non-socket
> May 28 15:13:47 rouge dovecot: pop3-login: fd_send(-1) failed: Socket
> operation on non-socket
> May 28 15:13:47 rouge dovecot: auth(default): accept() failed: Socket
> operation on non-socket

Looks like Dovecot's master process gives wrong file descriptors to
auth/login processes. I can't really think of why.. Unless libc or
something does something strange in the middle.

The strace you sent doesn't help much because Dovecot forks and the
strace ends there. Give -f option to it and send it again?