[Dovecot] Re: Dovecot auth process died because of Socket operation on non-socket

Nicolas STRANSKY Nicolas.Stransky at neo-lan.net
Mon May 30 14:53:20 EEST 2005

Le 29.05.2005 20:03, Tero Ripattila a écrit :

> There are some lines in the trace files that got my attention e.g.:
>
> Does these belong to auth, login or imap/pop process?
> -
> L76: connect(3, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path="/var/run/.nscd_socket"}, 110)
> = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

Thank's for the heads up, I think I've found the particular problem that
prevented the background dovecot from working: nscd was in a bad state
and restarting it was of no use, I've had to kill it manually. Then it
would create properly the /var/run/.nscd_socket.
I still wonder why only the dovecot -F was working though.

--
Nico
Notre repentir n'est pas tant un regret du mal que nous avons fait,