[Dovecot] Migration from pop3 to imapd

Stephan Holl sholl at gmx.net
Mon May 30 15:39:09 EEST 2005

Dear list,

I am planing to set up dovecot-imapd on my production-mail server
which currently only runs pop3 via qpopper on debian-sarge.

It would be best, if I could only use imapd and use the existing pop3-
server (qpopper) as it is.
Is this possible?

Can the user both use pop3 (qpopper) and imapd (dovecot) in
parallel then?

Where does dovecot-imapd store its mails? Does it store its mail in
mbox-format in ~/mail, where also e.g. pine or mutt can access the mbox?

Pretty dumb question I guess, but I want to make sure that nothing goes
wrong during installation. It is a must that nothing changes on the
server for my users.

Best regards and thanks for your help

	Stephan Holl