[Dovecot] Usernames and Passwords for Virtual Users Request

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Tue Nov 1 03:44:32 EET 2005

Jakob Hirsch wrote:
> Sadly, you told nothing about how you store your user data.
> I simply presume it's in some sql database.

Actually he did, but you didn't recognize it as such.  Here's the applicable quote:

> I have users that have migrated from Cobalt RAQ's which do not work like that.

Under the Cobalt web-based GUI, each domain hosted on that box contains an
independent collection of users (stored in a hashed structure under
/home/.sites//domain/user), with, I believe, independent passwd files.  It
really is, as he described, something that would not fit into the neat
user at domain.com model.

John

--
John Peacock