[Dovecot] What's the best way to do this?

Michael Segel msegel at segel.com
Mon Nov 21 21:08:43 EET 2005

On Monday 21 November 2005 11:48, John Peacock wrote:
> Michael Segel wrote:
> > My biggest problem is that I have a blackberry and I don't
> > want to get interrupted for non-critical e-mail.
>
> Well, this is one argument against the Crackberry... ;)

Well, no. There are some automated messages that I want to get, like a server
going down.

Then there are the messages from mailing lists like this, Informix, Derby,
etc... that just aren't urgent....

Since I don't have a BES running, I'm using my cell provider to pull from my
server using IMAP over an SSL. So the crackberry gets everything in my inbox.

My only mail server is Postfix. (Sorry I'm running a small consulting
company.)

I was thinking of creating mail aliases for support, dovecot, bills, etc ...

I guess it is almost like creating folders and having dovecot or something
automatically filter the mail to a specific folder. Then I could subscribe
only to a single folder.

Can I do this easily within Dovecot?

TIA!

-Mikey

PS. If you haven't guessed, I'm really open to all suggestions and I'm still a
newbie with dovecot so I don't know all of their filtering capabilities.

--
Michael Segel
Principal