[Dovecot] Pop-before-smtp and MySQL?

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 14:06:09 EET 2005

On Monday 2005-November-28 05:40, Matteo Garofano wrote:
> The problem I find is to set up the pop-before-smtp using sql (mysq)
snip
> Have you any hint?

I can't help with your pop-before-SMTP, but I can suggest that you not
do that. :) The better way to do it is with SMTP AUTH, which most MUA's
should support these days.

If your MTA is Postfix (which appears so from your headers) Timo has a
patch which ties in SASL AUTH support without using Cyrus SASL. I use
it and recommend it highly. See the Postfix SASL_README and the patch
at http://dovecot.org/patches/postfix/ (for Postfix 2.2.x) or my own
ports of it to the 2.3 snapshots:
http://www.nodns4.us/postfix-2.3-20051121-dovecot-auth.patch.gz

http://www.nodns4.us/postfix-2.3-20050630-dovecot-auth.patch.gz still
exists for those who got on the bleeding edge but were too lazy to stay
there. :)
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header