[Dovecot] Dovecot on FC3 with Active Directory authentication

Jeff Ramsey ramsejc at tubafor.com
Fri Oct 7 21:23:27 EEST 2005

On Oct 06, 2005, at 11:16 AM, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 10:28 -0700, Jeff Ramsey wrote:
>
>> /etc/pam.d/ssh, /etc/pam.d/login, and /etc/pam.d/gdm all have a line
>> calling mkhomedir.so, which is using the /etc/skel home directory
>> skeleton to create the user's home dir upon successful login,
>> however, when I add that line to /etc/pam.d/dovecot, I get a
>> permission denied error in /var/log/maillog. I'm assuming this is
>> because dovecot is running as the user at this point, and therefore
>> does not have the necessary permissions to create a folder under /
>> home/DOMAIN/, which is where the home dir is supposed to be. If I
>> manually create the folder, and set it's permissions, or if the user
>> logs in via any of the before-mentioned methods, dovecot and sendmail
>> work great.
>>

> Which section did you add it to?
>
> --
> Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
> http://fedora.ivazquez.net/
>
> gpg --keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net --recv-key 38028b72

Here is my /etc/pam.d/dovecot:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session       required    pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/ umask=0077