[Dovecot] Permission denied but works anyway

Bob Hall rjhjr at cox.net
Mon Oct 10 06:01:29 EEST 2005

I've just updated from 99.14 to 1.0.a3 on a FreeBSD box. Everything went
fine, except for a bit of flakyness from Thunderbird. When first
checking a mail box in Thunderbird (running on Win2k), I get a message
saying that the command can't be carried out and the server answered
"Permission denied". I click OK and everything works fine. As long as
Thunderbird stays open, the message doesn't pop up again. It only
happens when I first check the Inbox for a given account.

No problems with Eudora on Win2k or mutt on FBSD.

I've googled with various keywords but I can't find anything on this. I
have an extremely vague recollection of seeing a post on this, but I
can't find anything.