[Dovecot] Cannot see new messages in Inbox

Mark Farmer farmorg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 13:24:00 EEST 2005

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on this.

I'm having a rather odd problem in that I cannot see new emails in my
IMAP inbox, this is true for both Thunderbird & Squirrelmail.
I know the mails are arriving & being delivered correctly as I see the
logs for postfix & procmail, and I can also list them from a command
prompt on the Linux mail server.
The really odd thing is that I can see new mail in other folders
within the same mailbox (maildir) without issue, it's only the inbox
that seems to be exhibiting the problem.
Nothing has changed on the server and all permissions look fine.  The
only thing I can think of is that I reinstalled my other machine with
Linux the other day & setup Thunderbird as normal - I didn't have any
problem at the time but yesterday I noticed the problem.
I have tried stopping & restarting the dovecot service a few times but
this hasn't helped.
I've had this running for months now & this just seems to have cropped
up, very strange.

Any thoughts anyone?

farmorg