[Dovecot] Invalid Headers

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Oct 16 19:07:05 EEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 12:49 -0400, Brant Fitzsimmons wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have been trying to compare Dovecot to Cyrus and in trying to to
> migrate some mail from Dovecot to Cyrus I am unable to do so because of
> an invalid header.  The From header is incorrectly written as From> as
> opposed to the correct From: .  Any idea what may be causing this and
> how to fix it?
>
> My setup is Fetchmail->Postfix->amavis-new->clamav->dovecot for dovecot
> and Fetchmail->Postfix->amavis-new->clamav->cyrus for cyrus.  When
> receiving mail in the cyrus setup I don't have the problem.
>
> Any thoughts?

Do you mean you have no "From:" headers at all in mails, only "From>"?
That'd most likely show all your mails as having no sender, so you
probably mean you have both? Or is the "From>" the mbox's From_-line?

Anyway, Dovecot is less strict than Cyrus in accepting broken headers,
so maybe the mail was just added by some IMAP client?