[Dovecot] verbose pop3 logging

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Mon Oct 17 20:26:57 EEST 2005

Timo Sirainen wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 15:24 +0200, Ilo Lorusso wrote:
>

>>Hi Im new to dovecot and am looking for some options in
>>the /etc/dovecot.conf
>>to make dovecot a bit more verbose in terms pop3 usage,
>>
>>What ip a user is coming from?
>>

>auth_verbose = yes should show that.
>

>>How many mails the user downloaded?
>>

>Latest 1.0-test releases support reporting this.

It is safe to install the 1.0-test release on production servers?
I know it is a test release, but it seems that people are using it.

I too need this log of what action the user have taken. Like readed
or deleted emails. Something like uw-imap. Its for basic accounting needs.

Thanks
Oliver

--
Oliver Schulze L.