[Dovecot] Large IMAP operations tend to timeout and cause problems?

Alen Salamun alien at alienworld.org
Thu Oct 20 11:54:27 EEST 2005

Hello all!

I have moved from Courier-IMAP to Dovecot some month ago. It is quite
stable on everyday use (1.0alpha4) but it has constant problems with
large IMAP/SSL operations. We use Maildir format.

For example if I select 400 messages, mark them deleted and use "purge
command" in Thunderbird (to actually delete them) TB starts to do
something and runs and runs and runs....Then I get script timed out
errror and I have to restart TB. That never happened with Courier-Imap.
Same thing happens for example moving 1000msgs to another folder or
something like that.

Another thing is still that from time to time dovecot indexes get
corrupted and users can't access some folders. Then I have to delete
dovecot* in that Maildir folder and it works again.

Any thoughts on that please?

BR,
Alen