[Dovecot] Asserion Failure in Current CVS

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Oct 28 14:15:30 EEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 17:58 -0400, Todd Burroughs wrote:
> Just installed the version from CVS as of Oct. 27.
>
> I noticed three problems quite quickly:
>
> Still seeing "(imap) killed with signal 14"

Well, this happens just because I've forgotten to ignore SIGALRM
signals :) So I guess it happens if it ever has to wait more than a
second for a fcntl lock.

> My INBOX closed with "access error" after reading it for a bit.  There's
> nothing in the logs or anything, but this hasn't happened for quite a
> while now.  There where quite a lot of incoming messages at the time and
> I was marking messages as deleted using pine.  After reverting to the
> last version of dovecot that I was using and restarting pine, it opened
> quickly (no reindexing) and the deleted emails where marked as deleted.
> I don't know if this helps much ;-)

Well, I don't know what "access error" means.. And do you mean you
didn't try again with the new Dovecot, just reverted to old one?

> dovecot: Oct 27 16:58:12 Error:  13481 imap(username): file
> mbox-sync-rewrite.c: line 393 (mbox_sync_read_and_move): assertion failed:
> (need_space == (uoff_t)-mails[idx].space)

Is this from older Dovecot too? I hoped I had fixed this yesterday.