[Dovecot] 1.0alpha3: fcntl() complaints?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Oct 28 22:11:19 EEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 17:31 -0400, Jeff A. Earickson wrote:
> Is there any kind of load-based control, like sendmail uses, that
> would reject connections if "uptime" load > N?

That could be useful, but I'm not really sure what would be a good way
to implement it. Maybe if some file exists
(/var/run/dovecot/no-connections or something?) and Dovecot master
process notices it, it stops accepting new imap/pop3 connections? The
file would then be created by some script you're running that checks the
load. And I think that file should be deleted when Dovecot is started,
so that people don't wonder why Dovecot isn't working.